In 2009, the Lomita City Council adopted the Water Conservation and Drought Management Plan. In addition to providing a mechanism for the City Council to declare drought response restrictions, the Plan includes the following mandatory conservation measures that remain in place at all times:
- Landscape irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on any day.
- Excess water runoff from a lawn/landscaped area is prohibited.
- Sidewalks, driveways and other paved areas shall not be washed, cleaned or cleared with water, except by use of a hand-held bucket or similar container or by use of a cleaning machine equipped to recycle any water used.
- Vehicles, including boats and trailers, shall be washed using a hand-held bucket or similar container or a hose equipped with a positive action quick release shutoff valve or nozzle.
- Restaurants are to provide water to customers only on request.
- Motels are to provide guests the option of having towels/linens laundered daily.
To review the entire Water Conservation and Drought Management Plan, click here.
For additional information on water conservation steps, please visit the following websites: