In 2009, the Lomita City Council adopted the Water Conservation and Drought Management Plan. In addition to providing a mechanism for the City Council to declare drought response restrictions, the Plan includes the following mandatory conservation measures that remain in place at all times:
- Landscape irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on any day.
- Excess water runoff from a lawn/landscaped area is prohibited.
- Sidewalks, driveways and other paved areas shall not be washed, cleaned or cleared with water, except by use of a hand-held bucket or similar container or by use of a cleaning machine equipped to recycle any water used.
- Vehicles, including boats and trailers, shall be washed using a hand-held bucket or similar container or a hose equipped with a positive action quick release shutoff valve or nozzle.
- Restaurants are to provide water to customers only on request.
- Motels are to provide guests the option of having towels/linens laundered daily.
To review the entire Water Conservation and Drought Management Plan, click here.
To review the 2020 Urban Water Management Plan, click here.
For additional information on water conservation steps, please visit the following websites: