The City Council is dedicated to closely and transparently monitoring the operations of the Lomita Water system. The Council has established a Subcommittee comprised of two of its members, charged with:
- oversight of the operations of the system
- public information and updates regarding system upgrades
- projects and programs
- development of new strategies for continued improvements to water quality
The Water Subcommittee meets on an as-needed basis to review status reports, review proposals from Lomita Water staff and consultants, and receive input and comments from the public. Through the Subcommittee, the City Council is dedicated to transparency and continued commitment to providing the highest possible quality of water to all of our residents. Below, you will find the most recent agendas of the Water Subcommittee and any associated presentations or information. For further information, please contact our Lomita Water staff at (310) 325-7110.
On June 14, 2016, the City’s Water Subcommittee (consisting of Councilmembers Sanchez and Savidan) held a public meeting to provide the public information regarding:
- History and current status of the water system
- Regulatory oversight and water quality testing
- Discussion of common water quality concerns
In 2019, the Water Subcommittee has met on on January 16, May 14, August 7, September 24, and November 8.
Next Water Subcommittee Meeting – TBD
- Water Subcommittee Minutes August 7 2019
- Water Subcommittee Minutes Sept 24 2019
- Water Subcommittee Minutes Nov 8 2019
March 28, 2017 Water Subcommittee Agenda
Lomita City Hall, Assembly Room, 2nd Floor, 24300 Narbonne Avenue
When a meeting is posted, you may Click/tap here to view the agenda.
City staff addressed a number of questions from both the subcommittee members and the public. A copy of the powerpoint presentation from this and previous meetings can be accessed below:
If you have any questions or comments please contact Carla Dillon, Public Works Director at 310-325-7110 or via email at PublicWorks@LomitaCity.com.